The Elastic Foot guides and stretches 6 to 12 mm wide elastic as it is sewn in place. Use it for action wear, lingerie, and other elastic insertion techniques.
1. Set the grey numbered dial on the elastic foot to 3 or 4. Align the number with the tiny metal arrow. The higher the number the more the elastic will be stretched.
2. Gently push the grey roller toward the numbered dial and lift it up.
3. Insert the elastic into the longer slot opening on the base of the foot.
4. Bring the roller down on the elastic and click it into place by gently pushing it away from the numbered dial.
5. Turn the roller until the center groove of the roller matches the width of the elastic so the elastic will guide straight.
6. Snap The Elastic Foot onto the machine. Set the machine for three step zigzag stitch, length 1, adjust width according to the elastic.
Presser foot pressure 7–9. (The higher the pressure, the more the fabric will gather onto the elastic.)
7. Place fabric under the foot and sew. The fabric will ease onto the elastic as the elastic is stretched and sewn in place. The higher the setting of the dial on the foot the more the elastic will be stretched.