Insert packaged piping into seams and edges for a tailored finish. Cover cord with fabric for specialty piping.
To stitch piping into a seam:
1. Snap on the Piping Foot.
2. Place piping along the seam line on right side of fabric. Place second piece of fabric on top with
right sides together.
3. Put fabric and piping layers under Piping Foot with the piping in the groove on the under- side of
the foot. Sew with a straight stitch, length 2.5. The groove on the underside of the foot will
guide the piping as you sew.
To make piping from your fabric:
1. Cut bias or crosswise grain strips, wide enough to cover the cording plus seam allowances.
2. Lay the cording on the wrong side of the fabric strip and wrap the fabric over the cord.
3. Place the fabric and cord under the Piping Foot with the cord in the groove on the under- side of
4. Stitch. The groove will guide the cord so the fabric covers evenly.
TIP: When you sew this piping into a garment, adjust