Terms & Conditions
Please read the following Terms & Conditions
GUR Sewing is dedicated to providing the highest levels of customer satisfaction. All the products we offer are from recognised brands and are well proven for their reliability.
None of our terms affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
We will endeavour to despatch every order as quickly as possible.
We make every effort to comply with individual delivery arrangements but we cannot be held responsible for any delays and/or inconvenience caused by factors beyond our control.
All deliveries by carrier must be signed for.
Free Next Day Delivery- UK Mainland Addresses
(Sewing Machines, Overlockers, Excluding Cabinets)
Orders placed by 3.00 p.m. Monday to Friday will be despatched that day using a 24 hour service and delivered next working day (some addresses in the Highlands may take a second or third day depending on location).
- Orders placed Monday to Thursday will be delivered next working day
- Orders placed Friday will be delivered Monday (or Tuesday if Bank Holiday)
- Orders placed Saturday and Sunday will be delivered Tuesday
- Most deliveries take place before 2.00 p.m. although this cannot be guaranteed. Deliveries can take place up to 5.30 p.m. All items delivered by carrier will need to be signed for. If no one is available to accept delivery, the package will be returned to your local depot. A card will be left with details to arrange redelivery of your order. There is no charge if the parcel is redelivered from their depot. However if the parcel is returned to sender, then we would require a delivery charge of £14.00. We can also arrange delivery to a work address, neighbour, etc. if required.
Please note that all machines are dispatched in the manufacturer’s original packaging. If your order is a gift and you require plain packaging, please contact us via Phone
Cancellation & Returns
Under the United Kingdom's Distance Selling Regulations, if you have purchased goods and have simply changed your mind, you may return the goods to us for full or partial credit, subject to the following conditions:
- The item(s) is in stock condition i.e. as it was when it was delivered to you, unused
- You inform us of your desire to cancel within 14 calendar days of delivery of the product(s)
- You pay the return delivery charges
- Delivery/Collection costs will not be credited
- Goods are returned within 14 calendar days of cancellation
- We will withhold refunds until the goods are returned (or evidence of return is provided) and we can reduce the amount of money refunded for goods returned which show evidence of use beyond the handling necessary to see whether the goods were as expected
- We will refund within 14 days of cancellation of service contract or receipt of goods (or of evidence of the consumer returning them)
- Where the consumer cancels a contract, any ancillary contract (such as a warranty or credit agreement) is automatically cancelled
- FREE gifts received with the product must also be returned intact
- Software unsealed by the consumer cannot be returned
- Product returned is not in condition to be able to be resold as new or the packaging is damaged, we reserve the right to refuse a refund on the item, or deduct 20% of the original selling price from the refund amount. This does not affect your statutory rights
- Domestic machinery is for household use only, refunds cannot be given if machinery is used for business purposes.
Please enclose a copy of your order details (including full name, address and order number) with the returned items and reason for return
Shortages & Non Delivery
Any shortages must be reported within 48 hours of receipt of delivery.
After placing an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this or confirmation of payment does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a product. All orders are subject to availability and acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by dispatching your order, together with an invoice or delivery note.
In the rare event of an item being out of stock, we will contact you by telephone and / or email to explain when delivery is to be expected. It will be despatched as soon as possible.
All goods must be paid for in full before despatch.
20% VAT is included in all prices. Our VAT registration number is 547 521 146.
Credit Card Security
We know of no documented cases of credit card fraud using our shopping system over the Internet.
All payment card numbers are encrypted when the order is placed using 128 bit Java encryption. This encryption begins at the form where you are asked for your credit card details. They are only decrypted after they reach our computer. They are not held in clear text on any web site.
Your information is not stored on an internet active computer so your details cannot be accessed by a third party.
All products are fully covered by the manufacturers guarantee, details of which are included with each item.
However, our extended guarantee policy increases the same cover for all sewing machines and overlockers.
At the time of placing the order, we ask each customer to retain their receipt (which will state the period of cover) and also the packaging.
If it becomes necessary for the machine to be returned for repair under warranty, we will arrange the collection (mainland UK only), repair and the delivery back. If the original packaging has not been retained, a suitable alternative must be used to protect the item. We cannot accept responsibility for any damage caused due to insufficient packaging.
We aim to carry out the repairs and deliver back within 7-14 working days.
What's not covered? There is not a lot that is not covered. None of our warranty covers misuse, user error or neglect and also excludes wilful damage. Repairs caused by overuse or repairs made necessary by commercial use are also not covered. Also "consumable items" such as belts, bulbs,needle threaders and needles, bobbin cases and needle plates etc as stated on the manufacturers guarantee document. Certain faults such as timing issues are also not covered by manufacture warranties.
A Grades (Refurbished)
GUR Sewing Machines has been authorised to supply overstocks and A Grade sewing machines and overlockers.
A Grade (refurbished) machines are in 'as new' condition. These are machines that have been returned as incorrectly ordered, not required or the machine may have failed on arrival in which case the failed part is replaced. All A Grade machines are checked and tested by qualified engineers before repacking.
Products Damaged in Transit
All products are insured against damage in transit. Prior to being despatched all products are checked by our Quality Control Department in the United Kingdom and are supplied in perfect working order. In the event of a product arriving damaged or faulty report damage / fault to us as soon as possible, preferably by e mail rather than by post, and at any rate within seven working days, NOT BY TELEPHONE.
Price Match Promise on Sewing Machines
- The product offered by the competitor's website is exactly the same as the one we sell, and is offered on the same terms including free gifts and accessories
- The product on their website must be in stock and available for delivery immediately
- Competitors must have the product in stock
- GUR representatives are able to confirm the details on the competitor's website
- Our price promise applies to the product only, not delivery or other service
Please note that we will always try our best to match a price where we can we also have the right to cancel an order at any time, including where items have been on offer but have sold out which causes any offers and such to be void.
Promo Codes offered Online
Promo Codes are sometimes offered at certain times of the year to GUR customer's in order to offer them the very best deal's found on the internet and to ensure our prices are not beaten by anyone.
The following conditions apply to Promo Codes:
- Promo Codes are not applicable against Agency Machine's as classed by the manufacturers.
- Promo Codes are only available for the time periods stated with the code and no longer. If an opportunity is missed by a customer we will not offer further discount after the Promo Code has expired.
- Promo Code expiration dates cannot be extended or amended and are final.
- Promo Codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, eg If a machine has already been reduced or if you are part exchanging a machine as a discount has already been given in another form.
Promo Codes can not be used with bundles item's eg a Sewing Machine and Thread Pack.
Platinum Discounts offered Online:
Platinum Discounts are offered to customers who register and have an account with GUR.
- Platinum Discounts can only be used against: fabrics, haberdashery, spares, accessories and machine accessories only. (excluded items are machines, overlockers, steam presses or white goods).
- Platinum Discounts not applicable against Agency Machine's as classed by the manufacturers.
- Platinum Discounts are only available for the time periods stated.
- Platinum Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or promo codes.
- Platinum Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, eg If a machine has already been reduced or if you are part exchanging a machine as a discount has already been given in another form.
- Platinum Discounts can not be used with bundles item's eg a Sewing Machine and Thread Pack.
Fabrics Cut To Measurement
Please be aware that we are unable to refund, cancel or exchange cut fabrics and made-to-measure items. Also please order the total amount of fabric required for any given project as we cannot guarantee that more than one order will be cut from the same dye batch.
If you need to contact us, please use our contact page or telephone (10am to 4pm Monday to Friday) or write to us at:
GUR Sewing Machines, 37 New Summer Street, Birmingham, B19 3QN.
Our Sewing Machines is a trading name of GUR Enterprise (UK) Ltd. Company number 315 3051.
1 - What do we do with your information?
We value the trust placed in us by customers, suppliers and colleagues who give us their personal data. Data security is one of our highest priorities and we aim to be as clear as possible about what we do with personal data and why we do it.
User name and password - if we collect a user name and password, this is so we can keep your information safe and so that we can have your information to hand each time you visit us.
Name, address and postcode - without this we won't know where to send your order or to whom. We may also take a secondary address for delivery to a place of work or a family member who will be able to receive your delivery.
Age / date of birth - we may need to collect your age or date of birth in order to process financial services, and we may also use this to send you age or birthday related offers if you have agreed to receive marketing communications.
Email address - we send a confirmation of your orders via email as well as other service related communication. If you have agreed to receive marketing communications these may also be sent by email.
Telephone numbers - if there are any problems with your order or we need to check anything, we need to be able to contact you quickly.
Where you heard about us - we may ask you this to help make our marketing more efficient.
Correspondence - if you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
IP addresses - when you visit our site, we will automatically receive your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device.
2 - Consent
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that your consent is given to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org mailing us at:
GUR Sewing Machines, 37 New Summer Street, Birmingham, B193QN.
3 - Disclosure
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Secure Trading, Amazon Pay or Paypal stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
4 - Third-party services
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
In order to fulfil your order, we may need to disclose some of your information to our delivery partners, the Manufacturers where we act as an Agency for and for Finance products including but not limited to; Royal Mail, DPD Local, Brother Sewing Machines UK, Janome UK, Jaguar, Hitachi/Omni Finance.
5 - Security
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
6 - Cookies
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
1. Essential cookies
Essential cookies are technical cookies that are required for the operation of our sites. Without essential cookies our sites can’t operate properly. Essential cookies include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas.
2. Performance cookies
Performance cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our sites and to see how visitors move around them. This helps us to improve the way our sites work by enabling us to tailor our sites to the way visitors use them. The information we collect from performance cookies is aggregated which means that we cannot identify you from it.
3. Experience cookies
Experience cookies allow our sites to remember the choices you make. Our sites use experience cookies to provide you with enhanced and personalised features. For example, we use information collected through what are known as "web-analytic" cookies to compare the choices you make to those of our other customers so that we can learn from those choices.
Information collected by experience cookies cannot track your browsing activity when you leave our sites to browse other sites.
4. Marketing cookies
Marketing cookies record your visits to our sites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We use this information to make our sites and the advertising displayed on them more relevant to your interests. For example, sometimes we use marketing cookies to limit the number of times that you see an advert. Sometimes we share information about your browsing activity, (which we have collected from cookies), with our advertising partners. They may use this information to advertise products, which may interest you, on other sites.
Website improvement - to help us design our website and improve your experience, we may collect information about the way you use and access our website. Our web system collects information about each visitor, including IP address, the length of time spent on the website and the order in which pages are visited. We may employ third party experts to help us look at this information. However, we make sure that anyone we employ treats all information with the same sensitivity and security that we treat it. This is explained in more detail in the cookies section below.
Fraud Prevention - in order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may look at the information that we get from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, and may pass this to other group companies, other retailers and to financial and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way.
Google analytics - Our store may use Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at.
When you apply for products or services through our website and wish to pay for these using one of the available finance products, you may also be required to go through a more detailed credit check on terms which we will tell you about you first.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
8 - Age of consent
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.