Terms & Conditions
GUR Sewing is dedicated to providing the highest levels of customer satisfaction. All the products we offer are from recognised brands and are well proven for their reliability.
None of our terms affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
We will endeavour to despatch every order as quickly as possible.
We make every effort to comply with individual delivery arrangements but we cannot be held responsible for any delays and/or inconvenience caused by factors beyond our control.
All deliveries by carrier must be signed for.
Under the United Kingdom's Distance Selling Regulations, if you have purchased goods and have simply changed your mind, you may return the goods to us for full or partial credit, subject to the following conditions:
- The item(s) is in stock condition i.e. as it was when it was delivered to you, unused
- You inform us of your desire to cancel within 14 calendar days of delivery of the product(s)
- You pay the return delivery charges
- Delivery/Collection costs will not be credited
- Goods are returned within 14 calendar days of cancellation
- We will withhold refunds until the goods are returned (or evidence of return is provided) and we can reduce the amount of money refunded for goods returned which show evidence of use beyond the handling necessary to see whether the goods were as expected
- We will refund within 14 days of cancellation of service contract or receipt of goods (or of evidence of the consumer returning them)
- Where the consumer cancels a contract, any ancillary contract (such as a warranty or credit agreement) is automatically cancelled
- FREE gifts received with the product must also be returned intact
- Software unsealed by the consumer cannot be returned
- Product returned is not in condition to be able to be resold as new or the packaging is damaged, we reserve the right to refuse a refund on the item, or deduct 20% of the original selling price from the refund amount. This does not affect your statutory rights
- Domestic machinery is for household use only, refunds cannot be given if machinery is used for business purposes.
Please enclose a copy of your order details (including full name, address and order number) with the returned items and reason for return
Refunds are not permitted for specially ordered items.
Please ensure you check that this is the right item for your machine before ordering.
All specially ordered items will state this in their description, this can take from 3 to 14 working days for this to arrive, depending on the item.
Any shortages must be reported within 48 hours of receipt of delivery.
After placing an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this or confirmation of payment does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a product. All orders are subject to availability and acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by dispatching your order, together with an invoice or delivery note.
In the rare event of an item being out of stock, we will contact you by telephone and / or email to explain when delivery is to be expected.
All goods must be paid for in full before despatch.
20% VAT is included in all prices. Our VAT registration number is 547 521 146.
We know of no documented cases of credit card fraud using our shopping system over the Internet.
All payment card numbers are encrypted when the order is placed using 128 bit Java encryption. This encryption begins at the form where you are asked for your credit card details. They are only decrypted after they reach our computer. They are not held in clear text on any web site.
Your information is not stored on an internet active computer so your details cannot be accessed by a third party.
All products are fully covered by the manufacturers guarantee, details of which are included with each item.
However, our extended guarantee policy increases the same cover for all sewing machines and overlockers.
At the time of placing the order, we ask each customer to retain their receipt (which will state the period of cover) and also the packaging.
If it becomes necessary for the machine to be returned for repair under warranty, we will arrange the collection (mainland UK only), repair and the delivery back, as long as they have the original packaging.
If the original packaging has not been retained, the customer has to arrange at their own cost to send the machine back to us at GUR Sewing Machines, we reserve the right to refuse this delivery if it's been damaged in transit. We cannot accept responsibility for any damage caused due to insufficient packaging.
We aim to carry out the repairs and deliver back within 7-14 working days.
What's not covered? There is not a lot that is not covered. None of our warranty covers misuse, user error or neglect and also excludes wilful damage. Repairs caused by overuse or repairs made necessary by commercial use are also not covered. Also "consumable items" such as belts, bulbs,needle threaders and needles, bobbin cases and needle plates etc as stated on the manufacturers guarantee document. Certain faults such as timing issues are also not covered by manufacture warranties.
The Supplier provides the following warranty for the Goods:
1. The Goods shall be free from material defects in design, material, and workmanship upon delivery and for a period of 12 months from the date of delivery (warranty period).
2. Normal wear and tear parts are not covered by warranty
3. We do not schedule in-home visits for servicing or repairs.
4. The Customer is requested by the Supplier to return the Goods to the Supplier's place of business at the Customer's expense, the Supplier will, at its discretion, either repair or replace the defective parts
5. The Customer is requested by the Supplier to return the Goods to the Supplier's place of business at the Customer's expense, for any repairs or services.
6. No loan machines provided during repairs/services.
7. If the customer requests us to collect the item, we will do so, provided that the customer has the original packaging and it is securely packaged. We will not be responsible for any damage that occurs during transit. The collection fees start from £200 and may vary based on the collection area.
8. Regarding customers who require replacement packaging, unfortunately we are unable to purchase it from Brother UK.
However, the warranty does not cover situations where:
- The Customer alters or attempts to repair the Goods without obtaining the written consent of the Supplier.
- The defect in the Goods arises due to fair wear and tear, willful damage, negligence, or abnormal storage or working conditions.
GUR Sewing Machines has been authorised to supply overstocks and A Grade sewing machines and overlockers.
A Grade (refurbished) machines are in 'as new' condition. These are machines that have been returned as incorrectly ordered, not required or the machine may have failed on arrival in which case the failed part is replaced. All A Grade machines are checked and tested by qualified engineers before repacking.
These models are machines which have been unboxed in-store for customers to view and to be demonstrated to them.
Therefore, ex display/demonstration models are basically in "as new" condition and have only been used by us in the store, these machines will be provided with the full manufacturers warranty and full set of standard accessories, unless stated in the description.
Open-Box models are machines which have been opened in-store for customers to view and possibly use and then immediately repacked, as they have not been on display.
Therefore, Open-Box models are basically in "as new" condition and are provided with the full manufacturers warranty and full set of standard accessories, unless stated in the description.
All products are insured against damage in transit. Prior to being despatched all products are checked by our Quality Control Department in the United Kingdom and are supplied in perfect working order. In the event of a product arriving damaged or faulty report damage / fault to us as soon as possible, preferably by e mail rather than by post, and at any rate within seven working days, NOT BY TELEPHONE.
- The product offered by the competitor's website is exactly the same as the one we sell, and is offered on the same terms including free gifts and accessories
- The product on their website must be in stock and available for delivery immediately
- Competitors must have the product in stock
- GUR representatives are able to confirm the details on the competitor's website
- Our price promise applies to the product only, not delivery or other service
Please note that we will always try our best to match a price where we can we also have the right to cancel an order at any time, including where items have been on offer but have sold out which causes any offers and such to be void.
Promo Codes are sometimes offered at certain times of the year to GUR customer's in order to offer them the very best deal's found on the internet and to ensure our prices are not beaten by anyone.
The following conditions apply to Promo Codes:
- Promo Codes are only available for the time periods stated with the code and no longer. If an opportunity is missed by a customer we will not offer further discount after the Promo Code has expired.
- Promo Code expiration dates cannot be extended or amended and are final.
- Promo Codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, eg If a machine has already been reduced or if you are part exchanging a machine as a discount has already been given in another form.
- Promo Codes can not be used with bundles item's eg a Sewing Machine and Thread Pack.
Platinum Discounts are offered to customers who register and have an account with GUR.
- Platinum Discounts can only be used against: fabrics, haberdashery, spares, accessories and machine accessories only. (excluded items are machines, overlockers, steam presses or white goods).
- Platinum Discounts are only available for the time periods stated.
- Platinum Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or promo codes.
- Platinum Discounts cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, eg If a machine has already been reduced or if you are part exchanging a machine as a discount has already been given in another form.
- Platinum Discounts can not be used with bundles item's eg a Sewing Machine and Thread Pack.
Please be aware that we are unable to refund, cancel or exchange cut fabrics and made-to-measure items. Also please order the total amount of fabric required for any given project as we cannot guarantee that more than one order will be cut from the same dye batch.
- Website: https://www.gursewingmachines.com
- Telephone: 0121 359 5335
- Email: email@example.com
- Write to us: GUR Sewing Machines, 37 New Summer Street, Birmingham, B19 3QN.
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your personal information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
In order to fulfil your order, we may need to disclose some of your information to our delivery partners, the Manufacturers where we act as an Agency for and for Finance products including but not limited to; Royal Mail, Parcelforce, DPD Local, Brother Sewing Machines UK, Janome UK, Jaguar, Horn, Google Pay, Apple Pay, Novuna, Klarna, Omni Finance.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
GUR SEWING MACHINES
37 NEW SUMMER STREET
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by email at: GUR Sewing Machines, 37 New Summer Street, Birmingham, West Midlands, B19 3QN, United Kingdom.