The dark evenings are perfect for sewing projects!
The clocks have changed and the evenings are suddenly dark and uninviting. It’s the perfect time to cheer yourself up with this month’s list of wonderful sewing tips and how-tos.
Seam guide use, “ease” in dressmaking patterns explained – and gorgeous fabric birdhouses!
And don’t forget to check out our featured sewing machine below – and bag a real bargain… Enjoy!
- Video: how to use the seam guide for accurate seam allowances
- Video: what is ease in a dressmaking pattern? Why does the garment you’ve made not fit?
- How to sew a collar
- How to make gorgeous fabric birdhouses for your home
- Tutorial: how to sew on bias binding
- 11 tips & tricks for sewing machine beginners
- Make this DIY bathrobe as a gift or for yourself
- Sewing basics # 3: how to use a sewing machine
- How to make fabric alphabet letters
- How to sew a table runner
Bag a bargain – with the Jaguar DQS 405 Sewing and Quilting Machine!
The bonus quilting pack includes an extension table, a walking foot, a freehand embroidery foot and a 1/4 inch foot.
And right now you can save £220!
Just look at these incredible features!
- Jaguar Sewing Machines feature the exclusive DQS – Digital Quick-threading System. This harnesses digital technology to make threading easy as 123! Just guide the thread directly from the spool to the needle area through a single groove and thread the needle by simply pressing the threading lever, for truly one-touch threading.
- With just the simple push of a button, this computerised product allows you to select the stitch and the optimum settings for length and width. You can use the built-in memory to combine stitch patterns, alphabets and numbers for endless possibilities that you can save and use on future projects.
- The drop and sew bobbin system means there’s no longer any need to raise the bobbin thread before sewing – just drop and sew.
- The Jaguar DQS 405 is a lightweight and well built machine which is ideal for a vast range of materials from delicate fabrics such as silks and cottons to multiple layers of denim or soft leather.
- The Jaguar DQS 405 product is the ideal choice for the beginner, experienced and professional textile crafter. This machine has some of the best features available for dressmaking, quilting, alterations, crafting, free hand embroidery or making home furnishings.
- This is your perfect partner for precision sewing, offering you the ability to utilise a variety of different built in stitches, allowing you to create a variety of sewn pieces with ease, comfort and speed.
And it’s only £329!
Buy the the Jaguar DQS 405 »
GUR – your sewing machine superstore!
If you’re looking to start the noble art for the first time, or have decided that it’s time to go for something a little more awe-inspiring, GUR’s sewing machine range will present you with some very impressive options.
Check out GUR’s spares and accessories store – everything you could want for your trusty sewing machine!