This foot is most suited for gathering when sewing tiered skirts, yokes, cuffs and frills on skirts, etc. This foot is also suited for sewing two fabrics together and gathering the bottom fabric in one operation.
Preparing the machine
• Needle: Left or right, or both left and right
• Stitch type: Three—thread overlock or four-thread overlock
• Stitch length: 3-5 mm
• Differential feed lever: Gathering position
• Upper knife: Working position
1. Place two layers of fabric on machine with separator plate (A) in between the upper and lower
2. Sew 2-3 stitches.
3. Hold and lightly guide upper and lower fabrics separately while sewing.