Normally £449. Save £150. While stocks Last!
Jaguar 489 2,3 & 4 Thread Overlocker
Information for Jaguar 489 2,3 & 4 Thread Overlocker
If you’re looking for a strong heavy duty overlocker then the Jaguar 489 is a solid choice, with professional finish
The Jaguar 489 overlocker is the latest release in their highly successful overlocker range - this is the much sought after 2018 flagship. This new model has many modifications and now includes: lay-in tension units giving you easier threading, improved tension and even better finishes on all types of fabrics. It also has many internal modifications which mean that this overlocker can cope with even thicker fabrics and multiple layers with ease - providing you even better finishes than its predecessors.
This superbly engineered 2,3 and 4 thread differential-feed overlocker is a firm favourite among machinists who want easily produced professional looking finishes on all of their garments & projects - way beyond those possible with a product.
This overlocker has the unique Jaguar 'Easy Threading System' which means that the front of the machine opens up 180 degrees allowing you easy access to the threading mechanism - this is not available from any other brand. You do not need any special tools or tweezers to thread this overlocker. This also means that you can easily remove lint and clean the inside of the overlocker to keep your machine in tip-top condition - saving your time and money in servicing costs.
Jaguar is well known for its quality build giving you a very robust and powerful machine. if you are looking for professional finishes, powerful overlocking and simplicity, then this is the overlocker for you. This Jaguar overlocker is packed full of useful features such as:
- Versatile use as a 2, 3 and 4 thread overlocker.
- The two thread ability of this machine is important where a very good looking finish is required on the edge of fabrics but added strength is not needed such as wraps, table napkins and lingerie.
- Versatile use as a two, three or four thread overlocker
- Full control with the foot pressure regulator
- The foot control gives you excellent control of the speed of the overlocker
- Upto 1300 Stitches Per Minute
- Stitch width and length easily adjusted even while sewing using the clear front mounted dials
- Pre-threaded with 4 cones
- LED Sewing light for use in difficult lighting conditions
- Easy Threading - The unique cutting system opens up 180 degrees giving easy access to the looper thread guides. Threading is quick and easy with no need for tweezers or specialist tools
- Tool Storage - Keep your lint brush, needles, screwdriver, etc always to hand in the integrated storage compartment behind the door
- Threading Chart - The colour coded threading guide is always on hand to help thread each of the four threads correctly
- Differential Feed - Dual feeds which can be adjusted independently to help manage difficult and extreme fabrics. These feed dogs will cope with stretch fabrics effortlessly and overlock fine fabrics to give a pucker-free finish.
- Weighs 8.0kg. Stitch Length 1-5mm. Up to 1300 Stitches Per Minute. 320mm (W) x 280mm (D) x 280mm (H). Voltage: 220-240 Volts.
- Lint tray to keep your work area clean
- Accessories Included: Two-Thread Converter, Stitch Finger, Needle Set, , Brush, Screwdriver (Small), Tape Measure, Dust Cover, Screw Driver (Large), Oiler, Moving Cutter, Spanner, Thread Net, Tweezers, Spool Disc, Spool Holder, Spool Cap, Accessory Bag, Lint Tray, Instruction Manual, Instructional DVD.
NOMINATED BEST OVERLOCKER IN THE BRITISH SEWING AWARDS 2021
This machine is a Jaguar Overlocker - Feet and Attachments
(Click Jaguar Overlocker, to see the compatible accessories)
for Jaguar 489 2,3 & 4 Thread OverlockerFree Gift
for Jaguar 489 2,3 & 4 Thread OverlockerBundle Offers
Features for Jaguar 489 2,3 & 4 Thread Overlocker
- 2,3 or 4 Thread overlocking
- Easy Rolled Hem Conversion
- Differential Feed
- Retractable Knife
- Open Front Easy Threading System
- Cord Guide
- Foot Pressure Regulator
- Adjuatable Cutting Width
- Easy Lay in Tension Dials
- Thread Tension Release
- Two Thread Converter Instruction
- Threading Chart
- No Special Needles, Standard Sewing Machine Needles.
- Pre threaded with 4 cones
- Waste Tray
- Foot Control
- Stitch Length Dial
- Seam Cutting Guide
- LED Light Bulb
- Light and Power Switch
- Instructional Book
- Threading DVD
- Stitch Length 1-5mm
- Cutting blade included
- Can put cutting blade out of operation
- Up to 1300 Stitches Per Minute
- Machine Size: H 28cm x W 32cm x D 28cm
- Voltage: 220-240 Volts
- Weighs 8kg
What's In The Box for Jaguar 489 2,3 & 4 Thread Overlocker
- Two-Thread Convertor
- Stitch Finger
- Needle Set
- Screw driver (Small)
- Tape Measure
- Dust Cover
- Screw Driver (Large)
- Moving Cutter
- Thread Net
- Spool Disc
- Spool Holder
- Spool Cap
- Needle Threader
- Accessory Bag
- Lint Tray
- Instruction Manual
- Instructional DVD
Warranty for Jaguar 489 2,3 & 4 Thread Overlocker
Jaguar Sewing Machine / Overlocker Machines
Jaguar 3 Year Warranty
If the Product develops a fault within the guarantee period which has been caused by defective materials or poor workmanship, we will arrange the collection, repair and return at no cost to the customer. Please retain the original packing materials, in case your item has to be returned to us. In the event that the item should need to be returned to ourselves and the original packaging has not been retained, you will be responsible for any costs incurred by couriers to return the machine to ourselves This does not affect your statutory consumer rights and excludes expendable parts (such as needles, bobbins, bobbin cases, carbon brushes, springs, hooks, loopers, overlock knives, bulbs, belts, needle threaders, needle plates etc), normal wear and tear, negligence and misuse, as stated on the manufacturers guarantee document. The collection and return cover applies to UK mainland addresses only.
There is no need to register your warranty.
Please keep your receipt as proof of purchase.
The product warranty is nontransferable should the machine be sold or given away at a later date.
When this Warranty not Apply
This warranty does not apply to:
- Material damage caused by external influences on this product
- Damage caused by incorrect installation, incorrect or inappropriate use, misuse, negligence or accident (including, but not limited to, the transport of this product without proper preparation or packaging); and
- Damage caused by other non-Jaguar devices or programmes used together with this product (including, but not limited to, the use of consumable items and accessory items).
- This warranty shall become INVALID if this product is altered in any way (including, but not limited to, as a result of attempted warranty repairs without Jaguar's authorisation or alteration or removal of the serial number).
Who makes Jaguar over lockers please.1 answers Hide
Is this overlocker suitable for use with silk?1 answers Hide
Hi there, I am comparing this machine and the Janome 6234. What are the differences in the spec of the two? Does this machine do a rolled hem?1 answers Hide