I was recommended this item by a seamstress for me to get back into sewing, but to be advanced enough not to outgrow too soon. I was useful on a item at school, its been a while but this item is easy to set up and use, I was sewing again in no time. The DVD that came with it is really useful to get your started. The metal body of the item means it is weighty enough not to be moving around whilst sewing. Very pleased.
Brother L14 Sewing Machine
Ideal lightweight machine for repairs and alterations...
The Brother L14 Sewing machine is perfect for beginners, simple to use and low priced. The L14 is suitable for basic dressmaking, repairs and alterations; it’s lightweight and portable for easy storage or for taking to sewing classes. The top loading bobbin not only makes changing a bobbin a lot more simpler, but it is also far more reliable when sewing heavier fabrics, compared to the front loading machines in the same price range.
- 14 Built in utility and decorative stitches
- Straight, zig zag, blind hem, darning/mending, shell tuck, scallop, double action and bridging stitches, plus an automatic 4-step buttonholer.
- Top loading bobbin - enables you to take the hassle out of bobbin changing
- Sturdy metal frame
- Smooth and quiet and is far more reliable when sewing heavy and more difficult to sew fabrics compared to similarly priced front loading bobbin machine.
- Lightweight and sturdy
- LED Sewing Light
- Includes step by step instructional DVD