Wonderful projects, how-tos and tutorials for sewists everywhere!
This is perhaps the most eclectic sewing roundup we’ve posted for a while – and there really is something for everyone here (as long as they’re into sewing of course!).
Technical knowledge such as understanding fabric graininess and how to using digital sewing patterns, along with some lovely projects including how to make a belt bag – and even Roman blinds!
And don’t forget to check out our featured sewing machine below… Enjoy!
- How to sew a French seam: the best seam for delicate fabrics.
- A method of improvisational quilting that uses my scraps to make something useful and is fun and relaxing.
- Do you understand fabric grainlines? Have you used the cross grain or the bias to cut out a garment that was designed for the length grain before?
- Video how to: grade a pattern.
- Learn how to use digital sewing patterns along with traditional sewing patterns. Knowing the differences will help you.
- 50+ techniques to make fabric with texture & patterns.
- Video: how to use the seam guide for accurate seam allowances.
- How to make a quilted laptop bag.
- How to make a practical and stylish belt bag! Robust fabrics such as imitation leather are the ideal choice.
- How to make roman blinds for your home – DIY guide to making roman shades.
Featured sewing machine – the Brother Innovis M280D
The Brother Innov-is M280D is the ideal machine for embellishing your sewing and embroidery projects with the magical Disney touch. From creating professional embroidery to taking up a curtain hem or sewing a buttonhole, this machine helps make all of your project wishes come true.
The Brother Innovis M280D Disney Sewing and Embroidery machine has a wide selection of patterns including 125 embroidery designs including 45 embroidery design featuring your favourite Disney characters.
181 built in utility, decorative, satin and cross stitches including 10 one step buttonhole styles, 4 sewing and embroidery fonts – and you can create up to 14 stitch types can be combined with 10 different frame shapes, such as a circle or a square.
Buy the Brother Innovis M280D »
GUR – your sewing machine superstore!
If you’re looking to start the noble art for the first time, or have decided that it’s time to go for something a little more awe-inspiring, GUR’s sewing machine range will present you with some very impressive options.
Check out GUR’s spares and accessories store – everything you could want for your trusty sewing machine!